Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Toddler Tuesday: Sloane's Choreography

I nearly forgot to write another Toddler Tuesday post until Sloane made me fall in love with her all over again.

Sloane loves watching YouTube videos, just like her mommy, and I think she knows how to navigate better than I do. She has a handful of videos she gravitates towards whenever she get her hands on my phone. To top the lists are Just Dance Kids videos and Mother Goose Club videos. I thought it was just the music she enjoyed but recently I have noticed that she is remembering the dance moves as well.



Her favorite dance video is I'm Gonna Catch You on the Kids Music YouTube channel. She has watched this video probably over 100 times and she really does know all the dance moves. Now of course she doesn't have the coordination to do them perfectly by any means but she knows them and does them in her own special way along with the song. She does the running motion with her arms, jumps when it says jump, she spins when it says turn around, she really loves doing the baseball batter dance move.

Other honorable mentions from that channel (Kids Music) are Just Dance Kids is Five Little Monkeys and Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.

Now the video that inspired me to write this post was Mother Goose Clubs "Peek-A-Boo"



This morning Sloane was playing the video, after getting into YouTube and finding it all on her own, and she was dancing around and playing Peek a Boo with her baby doll. It was just so sweet. She knew not only the peek a boo parts but also the I love you part. Of course she can't do it perfectly but she knows to point with her fingers to say "You" like in the video. I wish I could capture this cuteness on video to save forever but she always gets distracted when I pull out the phone to record.

Mother Goose Club on YouTube is just awesome and there are so many different videos that it doesn't get too annoying listening to it ALL DAY LONG.

What kind of music does your child listen to?

No comments:

Post a Comment