Friday, October 2, 2009

Fall For $40

Ok .... i confess i probably spent a little closer to $50 but still not too bad for some great decorations!

So fall hit me like a ton of bricks the first time i felt the nip in the air! i was so excited to be able to wear sweaters again. i was ready to snuggle up in a blanket in front of a warm fire. i was ready to eat a big bowl of soup! I am a girl who usually completely loves summer with all her heart but this summer had been a rough one... a bit more work and a lot less fun. More depression and less laughter. Too much sweating and not enough jumps in a cool lake. Now don't get me wrong it was a good summer but the warm fuzzy feeling fall brings me is just what i need to calm my spirit.

I went out on a mission to fill my house with that fall feeling but as always I'm on a tight budget. i headed straight to all my favorite bargain hunting stores; Marshall's, Ross and Micheal's! i went with the inspiration i had gotten from Whitney over at Glamorous Life Of a House Wife. Now i don't even have a budget like she does or have as nice of furniture as she does but i loved some of her ideas so i decided to run with them and give them my own twist.

I wanted a center piece but wasn't sure just how to go about it. i had always liked the bowl in the middle of the table idea so when i found this iron bowl with swirl pattern i just had to get it! ($7.99 at Marshall's) I got the cinnamon pine cones ($2.99) and fake leaves ($1.00 for 2 packages) at Micheal's and the pumpkins at QFC (about $2.00 for all three)





















I love how the bowl matches both my sconces and my table runner! not sure what to do with the gold vases but i thought the color was nice and warm.


I loved Whitney' s glass acorn shaped jar filled with sparkly acorns but it seems too much for me until i found a similar jar at Ross ($8.99) and fell in love with it!













I was worried about the C on the front but then i decided that if i always just had candy in it, it could stand for Candy jar!I always have to decorate my mantel but i love what i have on there right now i kind of hated to part with any of it. I found just a simple leaf garland ($2.50 at Micheal's) to lay across it along with two mini wreaths ($1.00 each at Micheal's)
Also i found this simple leaf dish ($1.99 at Ross) that i wasn't too sure what to do with it but decided it made a perfect spoon rest on top of my oven!
Finally i liked how she just had a simple dish of fall colored wrapped candy and that brought the warmth of the fall. The best part is that I didn't pay for the candy! mat got them for me for our anniversary (he knows the way to my heart!)
The candles i got at Walmart for $1.00 each. I got apple, cinnamon vanilla and pumpkin spice. Along with the candles i love to burn oils that i have from last year, Nutmeg and Cranberry. they really make the house smell good!

Over all I'm a very pleased with my fall decorations and my house feels so good now. I plan on burning my first log tonight while hangin out under a fuzzy blanket and watching a movie!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I would like a few more things for fall/halloween...might have to do some shopping, you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great Dani....you have a good eye

    ReplyDelete