Monday, March 25, 2013

Mommy Monday: What's in Sloane's Easter Basket

Sloane's first Easter is just under a week away and I finished her first Easter basket today. Of course she is really to young to get any real enjoyment out of her Easter basket so it is mostly filled with useful items for the coming months.

We got her a  munchkin fresh food net feeder. I've heard great things about these things and I'm excited to see her enjoy some frozen fruits and veggies in it. Got this at Walmart for about $2.95.

Also got Plum Dispensing Spoon for easy on the go eating of the baby food in pouches. I got this at target for about $4 I think.  To go along with that I got just one pack of Etta's kitchen apples baby food for 4 months and up for $1.

We actually got some Beaba baby spoons from a friend that she never used so I threw those in to the basket as well.

Also got two pretty cheap bibs from the Target dollar section that are Easter themed. One says "My 1st Easter" and the other says "Mommy's Little Bunny". I figure I don't really need to spend big bucks on a Easter bib when she'll only be wearing it that day.

Also got a cute Child of Mine by Carters spring outfit from Walmart for $7.94. It's yellow white and pink. She doesn't really have any yellow clothes. I'm excited for the weather to get a bit warmer so we don't have to bundle her up so much all the time.

Of course no Easter basket is complete without a few toys. Mat picked her up a duck stuffed animal that sings "surfing bird" made famous from his favorite show Family guy. It's was on sale for $15.00 at Safeway but he had a $10 off coupon so he actually only paid $5. Also I got a little wind up bunny with a bow tie for .98 cents at Walmart. I'm sure Sloane will have a blast watching it.

Finally we got just a simple wicker basket to hold all her goods. It was $1.97 at Walmart. I didn't think it was a good idea to get the grass for her basket this young cause that stuff is just going to go straight to her mouth.

So overall we paid $24.86 and I think it turned out to be a pretty successful basket. I know that people might think it's silly that I made her an Easter basket but I just love being festive and I like to make things feel special. We live on a budget so I don't have the money to go all out and buy the fancy goodies but I think I did pretty good and spent under $25.


No comments:

Post a Comment