Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Birthday gift #5

Tuesday was my day with Laura and let me tell you it was so much fun! a perfect day until i had to go to work at 4pm... grr! anyways i met her at Safeway at 10:30am and we headed to Tacoma to go para sailing! We thought at first we would be doing it in Kirkland but it turns out there is only para sailing in Kirkland on the weekends so we had to go to Tacoma. I was happy that we ended up going there. it is somewhere were don't always go plus we got to spend time in the car talking which is the main point of this idea for my birthday. We got there a little early so we hung out on the beach of commencement bay (i think that's what it was called) it was fun because i used to go there alot when i was younger when we would go visit my great grandfather and i had alot of great memories there. I got a little nervous while were were boarding the boat because i had no idea what to expect. they harnessed us up and then once we got into the middle of the bay they called us up on person at a time... me first. they buckled us to the para shoot that was already up in the air and we sat on the ground and we were slowly lifted up in the air. what a rush let me tell you! it was a beautiful day and we had a great view of mount Rainer! it was just a little bit cold but i was enjoying myself too much to care. i held on tight though because i could just picture myself falling straight into the water! at the end of the ride they dipped up just slightly into the water which was so much fun! they took pictures of use with a long lens so they could get our expressions perfectly. i can't wait till Laura gets them in the mail! after our rise we still had some time so we decided to grab lunch at a deli and we headed to Owen beach at point defiance park. it was nice to sit there and talk and relax. right before work we got ice cream (me sager free thank you!) It was such a nice relaxing and exciting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment