Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Beauty Wise Wednesday: January Ipsy Review

It's the beginning of a new month and that means that I get to look forward to getting my next Ipsy bag. I'm pretty excited about this next one. I'm able to see previews from their facebook page and it's all make up. I won't spoil what they are until I write my unveiling of it.

Before I get my new bag, however, I want to share my reviews of the products from my first Ipsy bag in January.

**Product #1: SOHO Crease brush: $8.50 on sohobeauty.com
Review: I was very excited to get a brush in this months bag. I have a minimal collection of brushes so this was a great addition. It is pretty fluffy so it was hard to really get a defined area. I did enjoy using it however and maybe it just takes a bit more getting used to. Not sure if I would buy these brushes again, I want to try some other brands first.

**Product #2: Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play 1.5oz:$10.18 on verbenaproducts.com
Review: I typically don't wear hair spray I actually only tried this once this month. I found that it had a great hold for my entire 8 hour shift at work yet didn't feel too crunchy. Also when I pulled my hair back into a pony tail after it didn't flake or powder. I think I would like to try out some of their other products for sure.

**Product #3: Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange BodyButter 2.5oz: $7 on pacificaperfume.com
Review: I can't say enough great things about this lotion! It has the most amazing, fresh scent! I got so many compliments on the smell throughout the month. It also does a great job at moisturizing. Soaks quickly into the skin and doesn't leave an annoying oily finish that I'm not a fan of. I think I will be using the discount they gave to buy more products. I want to check out their candles for sure, if they smell as great as the lotion they will be amazing.

**Product #4: Nailtini nail lacquer in Frappe: $13 on tinibeauty.com
Review: I really enjoyed this nail polish. It was very smooth going on. I liked the brush, it made it easy to paint my nail in just a few strokes (I have large nail beds and that is important.) I only wore it once this month but when I did it seemed to last a good amount of time without chipping. I think I will for sure be using the discount I got in the Ipsy bag.

**Product #5: Josie Maran %100 pure Argan oil .17oz: .5oz is $14 on sephora.com ~$2.80 for this sample size.
Review: Now this product was a new concept for me. I have always shied away from oils cause I have combination shin. I wanted to try it out as a face moisturiser mostly. I took me a while to figure out the right amount to apply. The oil goes on smoothly and actually doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy at all. I have dry patches of skin in the T zone and although this product says it is good for all skin types I didn't feel like it helped with the dry skin at all. I started putting on a night moisturizing cream to help with the dry skin. Overall I don't think I would purchase this product. It is pretty pricey and I think I can find other products that do a better job. I'll use the rest of the sample as a cuticle oil.

Overall I was very happy with my first Ipsy Bag! It was so much fun to try things that I wouldn't have tried on my own. I can't wait to get my next bag and share it with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment