Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Beauty Wise Wednesday: My make up routine

As I mentioned last week, I want to tell you what my beauty routine is right now so that we can see how it changes through the year. Now as I have said before, I am not expert with make up but I really want to class up my look.

First I start with foundation and for that I just use Cover Girl Aquasmooth in creamy natural. This is a liquid to powder type compact foundation that I put on with just a make up sponge. I have been using this for quite a while and I really do enjoy how smooth it goes on and how long it lasts. There are a few foundations I will be trying out once I run out of this.

I, then, put on concealer. This is a new addition to my make up routine but I really like the effect it gives to my face, hiding flaws. I currently use Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch in Radiant. This is the foundation I reviewed in the past. I will be looking to try out some other concealers this year. Hopefully I'll get a couple to try in an Ipsy bag.

I finish off these with a powder to seal the foundation and concealer. For this I currently use Clinique Gentle Light Powder in 05 Glow. This is also an added step to my routine even though I have had this powder for years. I just recently figured out how to use it. It's a loose powder and it has a very light shimmer to it that gives me a glowing look. I need to get myself a powder brush cause right now I'm currently using a travel blush brush.

If I'm going out for a night or want my make up to last for a longer amount of time I have three primers I use. The POREfessional by Benefit, "That Gal" brightening face primer by benefit and Stay Don't Stray eyeshadow primer by Benefit. I have these in small sample sizes that I got as a Christmas gift the year before last. That just shows how often I use those eh?

I then, move onto my eyes. I do have a few eye shadows to play around with but nothing compared to probably most girls out there. I typically start out with a base color and I stick to safe neutrals, then add a darker color to my crease, usually a black or brown. If I'm feeling frisky I might do a dark purple in my crease. I really want to try branching out into other colors and doing more with my eyes.

I also put on eye liner and right now all I have is Cover Girl Perfect Blend pencil crayon. I usually apply a thin line on the top and bottom lash lines then smudge them a bit with the smudger on the pencil. I'll finish my eyes with mascara and right now I only have Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express in Blackest Black. I'm realizing that I'm not really loving this mascara so I really want to try out a few to really find what works for me.

For blush I use Mac in Coygirl a sheer tone blush. I have had this blush for a while too and would love to expand my collection once I get more comfortable with make up. I think part of me feels over done when I wear make up, but I'm quickly learning to get over that.

I also own just one lip product, Revlon Lip Butter in 025 Peach Parfait. This is a new product to me I have learned about from YouTube videos and I really enjoy using it. It goes on very smooth and isn't too crazy of a color. I swear, I used to think lipstick was a joke. I never really thought I'd able to pull off any shade. I'm hoping to figure out a few shades to enjoy.

Now for brushes I have the saddest collection out there I'm sure. My best brushes are the SOHO crease brush I got in my first Ipsy Bag and then I have a Sephora smudge and eyeliner brush that I think is the only brush I've bought and picked out for myself. The rest of my brushes are a collection of random hand me downs that I don't really know what the proper use is for them. I also have two eye lash curlers that I don't really use much. One is a black plastic curler from Sephora and another is a typical metal one by La Cross.

So this is my make up routine. Nothing too exciting, I just have a basic structure down. I'm hoping to discover better products that work with my skin and coloring. I'm excited to take you on this path of discovery with me and I hope you will be able to help me along the way.



What are your favorite products and what is a beauty "must have" that you would suggest I try out?

No comments:

Post a Comment