Sunday, May 12, 2013

May is for Mom's: An interview with my mom.

It is time again for the May is for Mom's blog link up over at Not You Average Crazy! If you don't know, this is a mommy blogger link up. The first three Sundays in May we answer a few questions about mom's. This week is an interview with my mom. If you know my mom you know she is a bit emotional so her answers are a little held back but just so you know she called me after the interview crying because of all the memories the interview brought up.

 
An Interview With My Mother

1. How did you feel the moment you found out you were pregnant with me?
Mom: *Laugh* "oh my gosh", kind of, then "oh yeah!" She couldn't get pregnant for a while so once she did she was excited and shocked. "Elated"
 

2. Was I a wonderful surprise or carefully planned?
Mom: wonderful surprise

3. What was the most challenging time in my childhood? Why?
Mom: when I was going through the divorce and I was trying to get custody of you and your brother. You weren't a challenge ever.
 

4. Did you worry more about me as a child or now that I am an adult?
Mom: I would say I worried more as a child just because you were a child but now you are an adult and you are just great.

5. What is one thing that you thought was deeply important when I was a baby that you now realize did not matter at all?
Mom: tough question... I don't have answer for that... After rewording the question she said that she worried about teaching me how to spell but now in this day in age she doesn't see as too much as a problem for me even though I still don't spell well.
~As a reverse to that question she never thought to instill religion in me and not thinking it would be needed and now that I am grown and I don't believe in God she wishes she would have been able to instill a belief in God in me.
 
 
 
Just for a quick update from my blog yesterday, We did the 5k today. It was so much fun and we got just completely covered in paint!!! I was absolutely bursting with pride for my dear friend Kristin over at Cupcakes and Cosmos for doing the 5K! This is her first and we didn't so any training. I know it was a struggle for her but she made it through just fine. I can't wait to see how much she can improve for the next 5k we do!! I know we want to do the Fremont Oktoberfest 5k but I think I might want to find one before then just to keep myself and her motivated.



 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment