Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Beauty Wise Wednesday:Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer

I ran out my beloved Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Radiant Highlighting Concealer and I thought I would try out something new. It was pretty sad on the one day I was without concealer Mat made a comment that I looked like I had black eyes. I quickly picked up the Maybelline instant age rewind concealer, in the color 215 fair/light, at Walgreen's the next day.

I was drawn to this not because of what I had heard about it like I have in the past (basically because I couldn't remember what other people had recommended) I liked that it had a build in applicator sponge. Of course who wouldn't like age rewind factors. I also played it safe with staying with the same brand of concealer as the Dream Lumi.

It claims to have instant age rewind and dark spot treatment corrector with vitamin C and goji berry. I have to be honest I don't know if I've noticed any instant age rewind but I have noticed that this concealer doesn't settle into the fine lines under my eyes. Well I guess maybe that does have something to do with the age rewind?

 I typically apply the concealer under my eyes, the corners of my nose and chin and then on any blemishes on my face, after I put on my foundation. It's funny because when I was younger I was taught that concealer should go under my foundation but YouTube has taught me differently. After I dab the concealer on with the sponge it comes with I blend it in with my blender sponge (from my previous post) and I find that, that works really well to blend the concealer into my foundation.
(where I typically apply concealer, please ignore my "end of the day" tired face)

Another thing I really enjoy about this concealer is that I don't feel like I have to use very much each day, where as I went through the Dream Lumi pretty quickly. You just twist this concealer a few clicks and it is enough to cover any discolorations you would like to hide.

Overall I think I would use this concealer again but I think I would like to use it in combo with the Dream Lumi simply because I really did enjoy the brightening that it gave to my face. I will be continuing to try a few other concealers before I come to a "must have" choice. The next one I wanna try is Physicians Formula Concealer Rx.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment