Monday, May 6, 2013

Mommy Monday: "May is for Mom's: An interview with myself"

As I grow into this blogging world I have found some pretty great bloggers to follow. One of which is Amy B. over at Not Your Average Crazy. She has started this really fun "May is for Mom's" blog link up. It is the first three Sunday's in May. She has three different interviews, one for each week. This week is "An Interview with Myself". Below I have answered the questions, which I found very fun. I can't wait for the next weeks where I interview grandma and then with Sloane herself.


1. Before you ever even had children, how did you feel about being a mother?
       I always knew I wanted to be a mom. I never really had a direction for my life. Never really had anything I was really passionate about that gave me direction to a career in my life. I always knew I wanted to be a mom. I was constantly imagining me being a mom and how I would do things. I could envision a baby wrapped in my arms. It's funny cause you would think that my want to be a mom would drive me towards a career in child care, but I have always had an idea of how I wanted to care for my child and I knew that seeing all the different ways people raise their children I think I would get annoyed that they weren't raising the child the way I would. Does that sound selfish?

2. Since becoming a mother, what is something that has happened that you never thought would?
     I knew that I would be a mother one day. I'm actually older than I thought I would be when I was younger. It's amazing that when you get to the age you always thought you would have kids you kind of realize that you still have so much time and there is no rush. Having Sloane at 27 wasn't planned, we probably wouldn't of had planned to have a baby till we were thirty or so, but I'm so happy it happened when it didn't.

3. Is being a mother less difficult, more difficult or exactly how difficult you imagined?
     I knew it was a difficult to be a parent so it wasn't exactly a surprise. The surprising thing to me was how well I dealt with the sleeplessness and the "I don't know what to do" and the "what does this mean?" It all seemed to come pretty naturally. Now don't get me wrong I did my fair share of Googling baby facts in the wee hours of the night, but eventually I came to realize what I found were from parents far more neurotic than me. I know how to raise my child and I don't need all the crazy advice you can find on the internet.

4. What is your fondest memory of being a mother (so far)?
     I really love just seeing all the different things that bring a smile to the face of my daughter. My favorite is to see just how happy she is when she is with me and Mat at the same time. I come home from work and I sit down on the floor with Sloane and Mat and I can just feel how happy she is that we are both there at the same time.

5. If your children only learn one life lesson from you, what do you hope it is?
    This is a hard one... There are so many lessons I want to pass on to Sloane. Growing up as a girl is so difficult and you can get so beat down by what you think you need to be or need to do. So I just the one thing I would want to pass on to Sloane is for her to not worry what others think about her. For her to know that she I an amazing girl who can do whatever she wants and the after you are out of school the world is so big and to not let things that happen when your younger be the end all of your happiness. (I think that might be more that one thing)

(Thanks to Ludwig Photography and Travis Lawton Photography for the pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment