Saturday, May 4, 2013

Summer Wish List

Now that we have a child it isn't as easy to just jump up and do whatever we want to do whenever we feel like it. Now it takes a bit more planning and packing and lugging and whatnot. I came up with a list of things I really want to do this summer so that when we have days off together we can choose for this list. It's easy and thought free, instead of wasting the day because we couldn't think of something to do. I got quite a bit of these ideas from all the fun summer Seattle magazines that are out right now.

~Day trips~
*Leavenworth: a little Bavarian town about 2 and a half hours away from us. Mat has never gone and I think it would be fun to introduce him to it. Also I'm craving the 59er diner!!

* Sequim: this is a fun day trip where we could hit up the Olympic Game Farm, explore the bunkers at Fort Worden and take in the Lavender farms.

* Roslyn: I've never been here and it is the town that Northern Exposure was filmed in (I never watched that show but I know the imagery well) I think it would just be fun to pick up and explore somewhere new, the road trip getting there is half the fun!

* Mount Rainer: such a beautiful drive plus there is Northern Trek which is a fun zoo type place that the animals roam around and you ride around on a tram type thing. Not quite as fun as the Olympic Game Farm but still pretty fun.

* Whale Watching: I have done this once on a class trip and I think it would just be so nice to enjoy a sunny day out on a boat looking for whales. You can usually find a groupon for whale watching this time of year also.

*Zillah: this is a place I had never heard of but I read about in a magazine. It's suppose to be the best place to pick cherries.

* Wallace Falls: I actually heard about this place from a vlog I watch "ItsJudysLife" It looked like a beautiful hike and if they can do it with their baby we can do it with ours.

* San Juans: I have only been to Lopez Island once camping but I hear such great things I'd love to explore more.

* Arboretum: I have never been, a co-worker added this to my list so I'll just have to check it out.

* Gas Works/ Alki/ Ballard Locks/ Golden Gardens: These are all our regular summer visits but of course we now want to visit with Sloane in tow, making it a whole new adventure.

~Over nighters~
* Seaside: this is one of my absolute fav places and my goal is to go down for my birthday in July. While down there I'd love to hit up Tillamook of course!

* Lake Chelan: This is such a staple for people around here to go over the summer, yet I have only been once. I'd love to go out there and explore and visit the Grand Coulee Dam.

~Kids Stuff~
* Woodland Park Zoo/ Point Defiance Zoo/ Cougar Mountain Zoo/ Seattle Aquarium: I want to visit all these places and then explore our options of getting a membership at one.

* Kids Quest Children's Museum: I read about this place in one of the magazines and I said it had an area for kids 3 and under so I would love to check it out. It's located in Bellevue and every 3rd Thursday of the Month, 5-8pm: Free

* Seattle Children's Museum: I have wanted to go here since Sloane is born. I keep putting it off because I haven't felt like she was old enough to really enjoy it. She is pretty mobile now and loves to see new things so I think I'll be checking this out pretty soon!

* Imagine Children's Museum: This one is in Everett, so probably the closest one to our house. I don't know what the difference in all three are so I wanna check them all out! Thursday 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. is 1/2 price admission

So hopefully we will be able to explore a few of these over them summer. I of course will be writing blog posts about them so keep coming back and maybe I'll explore somewhere that you would like to visit also.

For you Washingtonians are there any other places or things we should add to our list to check out?

*Toppenish Washington - City of Murals(eastern WA) (added by my grams)

1 comment:

  1. is there anything as fun as Olympic Game Farm!? ;>)

    gg

    ReplyDelete